Slings Myofascial Training Practitioner
Fully qualified to teach Pilates since
- Diploma: Slings Myofascial Training Teacher Advanced Level, certified by Art of Motion Training in Movement
- Slings Myofascial Training Education Part 1, certified by Art of Motion Training in Movement
- Slings Myofascial Training Education Part 2, certified by Art of Motion Training in Movement
- 2 year Comprehensive Pilates course (matwork/equipment/rehabilitation/pre-pilates), accredited by Pilates Foundation UK
- Pre-and Post Natal Certification, accredited by The Thoughtful Body
- Certified Gyrotonic Teacher
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector, City & Guilds
- BMusDegree in Dance: Injury prevention for Ballet Dancers in relation to Pilates, University of Cape Town: School of Dance
- Certified Ballet Teacher, Royal Academy of Dancing
- Certified Spanish Dance Teacher, Spanish Dance Society
A bit about Francesca
Fran first set foot in a ballet studio aged 3. Insistent that this was what she wanted to do – she never looked back! The movement bug had taken hold…
Years later, Pilates started to become a part of Fran’s life at the University of Cape Town: School of Dance where she completed a Degree in Dance, focussing on how Pilates could assist in injury prevention for ballet dancers. A professional dance career followed, allowing for an exciting phase of international touring, interspersed with teaching both Ballet and Spanish dance and entering pupils for exams. On settling in London she completed a two year Pilates course with the Pilates Foundation UK. Fran then gained invaluable experience in a number of different studios before setting up her own matclasses in Putney in 2004. In 2008 a dream came true and she opened Body Principles Pilates Studio. After 13 successful years of running her studio and a team of teachers within the Sheen Physiotherapy and Sports Injuries Clinic, Fran now enjoys teaching on a private basis and is available for peer group teaching and mentoring.
Fran believes that continued professional development is key; as such she attends regular weekly classes for her own improvement and wellbeing and is currently completing further qualifications in the field of movement and fascia.
Fran enjoys working with anyone who would like to discover more about their own movement potential – from those requiring specific rehabilitation led work through to those wanting to fine tune and extend their already good practice. She brings patience, care and attention to detail to all of her classes and many of her referrals come directly from health professionals.
Fran and her husband live in South West London where they raise their two very energetic young boys.